The right protection, right from the start.
Child care center insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
If you have ever run a childcare center for more than a day do you know the importance of having insurance coverage to protect your business, the children you care for, and the families who put their trust in your care. Child care centers come in all shapes and sizes from the daycare to a local babysitter to a preschooler nursery school. No matter the size of your child care center you should be insured to protect your future and the children’s future.
Do I Need Child Care Center Insurance?
While running a daycare you are consistently trying to keep everyone as safe as possible. But accidents can happen and they can happen quickly. Having insurance for your business is required by the state of PA, but it is also an investment to protect your daycare.
General liability insurance is required for most licensed business owners in Pennsylvania and neighboring states. While this would be the bare minimum coverage for your business, consider the financial loss if you do not have the basics of your business covered.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Visitors walking into the center could slip and fall, a teacher or employee could cause damage to a student’s property, or a lawsuit could be filed against your child care center.
General liability insurance is a necessity for any business. It provides broad coverage when you are deemed liable and will pay to defend lawsuits alleging injuries or property damage which occurred as the result of your center’s operations.
Business Personal Property
Fire, weather, burst pipes, and other losses are frequent for child care centers given the large amount of physical space required to operate. These losses can cause significant damage to the school’s business personal property.
Business personal property coverage allows the center to replace property that has been damaged or destroyed by a covered cause of a loss. For a child care center, this may include property like chairs, tables, books, toys, materials, and supplies.
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
State disability and workers' compensation protects your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during their course of employment. This coverage is required by law, so be sure you have it.
The internet has spun a whole new web of liability exposures. E-commerce, social networking, cloud storage, and other technologies bring great benefits to all businesses. But with these benefits also come challenges, including protection of privacy, data, and financial information of your employees and students.
Cyber liability coverage covers unauthorized access to electronic data or software within your network. It also provides coverage for spreading a virus, computer theft, extortion, or any unintentional act, mistake, error, or omission made by an employee. This coverage is quickly becoming more and more important as you embrace technology to help run your child care center.
Umbrella / Excess Liability
What happens when your child care center faces a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limit of your standard policy?
A commercial umbrella policy provides high limits of insurance, typically between $2,000,000 and $10,000,000. Coverage is extended over your general liability insurance, workers' compensation, business auto, and directors and officer’s liability coverage. It provides a great safety net and helps ensure your school is well protected.
All child care centers and schools are at risk for professional liability claims to be brought against them for negligence.
Professional liability protects your teachers and child care employees. If your staff is sued due to negligence in relation to a child’s safety or for making an error in judgement, your center can also be sued.
Abuse / Molestation
When working with children or youth, there is always a risk that staff/owners could be accused of physical, sexual, or mental abuse.
If an employee or owner is accused of abuse, you need abuse/molestation coverage to protect your center or school from the possibility of significant financial loss. Even unfounded lawsuits are costly to defend.
Commercial auto is necessary if your center has company-owned vehicles and children are transported to and from school and/or field trips.
Commercial auto insurance can protect your center or school if an accident occurs or there is damage to a vehicle.
Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability
If you or your staff drive their own vehicle on business time or you rent vehicles in the business name to travel to meetings, conferences, or elsewhere, you face additional exposure and risk.
Hired and non-owned auto liability protects your staff if they are driving their own vehicle to run errands. Your center or school can be held liable for injuries or property damage if a driver is involved in an accident. The hired liability portion covers rented vehicles when listed in the business name for travel use.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
Employment-related claims can be made by past or current employees, those who have applied for work, and even clients or potential clients.
Employment practices liability insurance can help protect your child care center from claims which may arise due to alleged negligence relating to discrimination, sexual harassment, wrongful termination, service refusal, or any other employee-related claim.
Employee Benefits Liability Insurance
It’s possible that your child care center could incur losses if you offer employee benefits to your team.
The administration of benefit plans can be tricky. Employee benefits liability insurance help cover any losses resulting from many types of employee benefits plans such as health insurance, retirement plans, and more.
Everyone knows that children can be accident-prone. Often they trip and fall, collide with one another, or even knock out a tooth or break a bone, so it is important to obtain a student accident policy.
A student accident policy can cover children’s medical bills if they are injured at the center or on a sponsored field trip or activity. There are two options. Full excess reimburses secondary to the child’s health insurance plan and primary reimburses on a primary basis, regardless of the child’s current health insurance plan.
What Does Daycare Insurance Cover?
Daycare insurance can cover a variety of things from medical expenses that might arise to general liabilities from small injuries that can happen on your property. Below are common insurance coverage for childcare centers:
- Daycare Business Owners Policy (BOP): A business owners policy for a child care center is an essential part of protecting your business. This is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy.
- Daycare Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your child care center employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your child care center but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Daycare General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a child care center is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your child care center being forced to close.
- Daycare Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your child care center will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your child care center property.
- Daycare Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your child care center is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing child care center insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Daycare Commercial Auto Insurance: If your daycare or preschool has its own bus you will definitely want to purchase auto insurance for your child care center. Even if you use your personal car to transport children as a babysitter, you should consider auto insurance for your childcare vehicle.
Specific Insurance For A Child Care Center
At a child care center it is pertinent to have child abuse and molestation insurance. This will protect you and your business in very specific cases. This coverage is essential when working with children. Other coverages you should consider are cyber liability, employment practices liability, and employee dishonesty.
Daycare Employee Benefits
- Daycare Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your child care center employees. Keeping employees at your child care center business can be difficult, especially since germs travel quickly from child to child to your employee. By offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Daycare Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your child care center employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
- Daycare Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your child care center employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every child care center. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
Get Daycare Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your child care center insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best child care center insurance. We provide child care center coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free child care center insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Child Care Center Insurance coverage.
Child Care Center Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.