Setting the barre high on insurance coverage.
Dance studio insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Running a dance studio is so exciting. You help teach people of all ages to express emotion and art in the form of dance. But teaching and training in this medium does not come without its risks. Your dance studio, your clients, and your business as a whole is at risk for damages and liability.
Get Dance Studio Insurance You Need From Strickler Insurance
A dance studio is unlike any other business. It has its own risks and personality. Get insurance from an insurance company that takes the time to know about your dance studio’s needs. Our insurance agents will help advise you on the best insurance coverage for your dance studio as well as comparing the insurance premium. Get a free insurance quote for your dance studio insurance.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Businesses are susceptible to many risks, such as claims due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and more. Visitors walking into the center could slip and fall, a teacher or employee could cause damage to a student’s property, or a lawsuit could be filed against the studio.
General liability insurance is an absolute necessity for any business. It provides broad coverage when you are deemed responsible and liable and will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action regardless of its merit.
Business Personal Property
Fire, weather, burst pipes, and other losses are potential risks, especially given the amount of physical space required to operate. These losses can cause significant damage to the studio’s business personal property.
Business personal property coverage allows the studio to replace the property that has been damaged or destroyed by a covered loss. For a dance studio, this may include property like equipment, chairs, tables, props, stereo systems, TVs, and video cameras.
Abuse / Molestation
When working with children or youth, there is always a risk that staff/owners could be accused of physical, sexual, or mental abuse.
If an employee or owner is accused of abuse, you need abuse/molestation coverage to protect your studio from the possibility of significant financial loss. Even unfounded lawsuits are costly to defend.
Everyone knows that children can be accident-prone. They often trip and fall, collide with one another, or even knock out a tooth or break a bone, so it is important to obtain a student accident policy. This risk increases when participating in physical activities such as dance and acrobatics.
A student accident policy can cover children’s medical bills if they are injured at the studio or on a sponsored field trip or activity. There are two options. Full excess reimburses secondary to the child’s health insurance plan and primary reimburses on a primary basis, regardless of the child’s current health insurance plan.
All dance studios and schools are at risk for professional liability claims to be brought against them for negligence.
Professional liability protects your teachers and studio employees. If your staff is sued due to negligence in relation to a child’s safety or for making an error in judgment, your center can also be sued.
Workers' Compensation and State Disability
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place. This can be even more of a risk when spotting children, moving equipment, or demonstrating a movement.
State disability and workers' compensation protects your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during the course of employment. This coverage is required by law, so be sure that you have it.
Hired and Non-Owned Auto Liability
If you or your staff drive their own vehicle on business time or you rent vehicles in the business name to travel to meetings, conferences, competitions, or elsewhere, you face additional exposure and risk.
Hired and non-owned auto liability protects your staff if they are driving their own vehicle to run errands. Your studio can be held liable for injuries or property damage if a driver is involved in an accident. The hired liability portion covers rented vehicles when listed in the business name for travel use.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
On average, it's estimated that three out of five businesses will be sued by their employees. Companies are vulnerable during the pre-hire process, throughout employment, and during a reduction in workforce. Claims can also be made by clients or potential clients and can arise in any size operation. You can do everything right and still be sued.
Coverage to protect you against this risk normally comes as a standalone policy. The right coverage is critical to your risk management process as it protects against discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and other employment-related allegations. Typically, the policy will cover your business as well as your directors and officers. Third-party coverage is an added option, usually accomplished via a policy endorsement, and addresses claims made by customers or vendors against you from acts committed by employees.
The internet has spun a whole new web of liability exposures. E-commerce, social networking, cloud storage, and other technologies bring great benefits to all businesses. But with these benefits also come challenges, including protection of privacy, data, and financial information of your employees and students.
Cyber liability coverage covers unauthorized access to electronic data or software within your network. It also provides coverage for spreading a virus, computer theft, extortion, or any unintentional act, mistake, error, or omission made by an employee. This coverage is quickly becoming more and more important as you embrace technology to help run your dance studio.
Umbrella / Excess Liability
What happens when your studio faces a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limit of your standard policy?
A commercial umbrella policy provides high limits of insurance, typically between $2,000,000 and $10,000,000. Coverage is extended over your general liability insurance, workers' compensation, business auto, as well as your directors and officers liability coverage. It provides a great safety net and helps ensure your business is well protected.
Typical Dance Studio Insurance Coverage
Below are some of the typical insurance coverages dance studios get for their business. Depending on your dance studio you might not need some of these coverages while you might need additional coverages. Learn about the exact coverage your business needs by calling one of our insurance agents.
- Dance Studio Business Owners Policy (BOP): Getting a business owner’s policy for a dance studio is essentially a bundle of business insurance coverages designed to protect your business. A BOP is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy. Bundling your business insurance usually makes it more affordable.
- Dance Studio General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a dance studio is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your business being forced to close.
- Dance Studio Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your dance studio employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your dance studio but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Dance Studio Business Crime Insurance: When running a dance studio you know there is potential for theft to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business, and all of your assets.
- Dance Studio Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber liability insurance is something almost every business needs. Think about any aspect of your dance studio business that is present online. Imagine if any of that information or data were stolen or destroyed. Lacking cybersecurity has the potential to not only damage your business and reputation but to fully close your dance studio doors.
- Dance Studio Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your dance studio will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your dance studio property.
- Dance Studio Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your dance studio is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing dance studio insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
Dance Studio Employee Benefits
- Dance Studio Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your dance studio employees. Keeping employees at your dance studio business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Dance Studio Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your dance studio employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every dance studio. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
- Dance Studio Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your dance studio employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
Do I Need Dance Studio Insurance?
Yes, you need dance studio insurance coverage. While you might not be required to have insurance by the state of Pennsylvania, you might be held liable when a client sustains an injury or if someone were to trip and fall on your front steps. The other item you have to consider is if your building were to burn down you would want insurance to protect it.
Pennsylvania Dance Studio Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in central Pennsylvania and we have been providing insurance to dance studios in Pennsylvania since we existed in the 1800s. Over 160 we have worked with PA businesses and helped protect them, their investments and their future. Get insurance for your Pennsylvania dance studio.
Get Dance Studio Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your dance studio insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best dance studio insurance. We provide dance studio coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free dance studio insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Dance Studio Insurance coverage.
Dance Studio Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.