Focusing on your patients is your job. Focusing on your insurance is ours.
Dental office insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Your dentist office is a cornerstone business within your local community. You take pride in the dental work you do and care about providing great services. Whether you are a dentist office that has existed for many years or a new dental practice, you need insurance as a professional service.
Dental Insurance Agency Specialists
At Strickler Insurance we’ve worked with a variety of dentist offices. We know you care about your patients and want to provide the best services possible. We can relate. Strickler Insurance is dedicated to providing the best dentist insurance we can. We want to see your dental clinic succeed. Learn more about insurance for your family dentist office from us.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Dental practices are susceptible to many risks, such as claims due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and more.
General liability insurance is an absolute necessity for any dental practice. It provides broad coverage when you are deemed responsible and liable, and will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action, regardless of its merit. Additional limits are also available with a commercial umbrella insurance policy.
Cyber Liability Insurance
The internet has spun a whole new web of liability exposures. E-commerce, social networking, cloud storage, and other technologies bring great benefits to large and small practices alike. But with these benefits also come challenges, including protection of privacy, data, and the financial information of your customers.
Cyber liability insurance protects your practice in the event of unauthorized access to electronic data or software within your network. It also provides coverage for spreading a virus, extortion, accidental release of personal identifiable information, and resultant damage caused by a lost or stolen laptop or other mobile device. This coverage is quickly becoming more and more important as you embrace technology to help run your practice.
Dental Malpractice / Professional Liability
Dentists and licensed staff face a high risk of being sued by patients for such things as claiming a wrong diagnosis or treatment. All lawsuits must be defended, regardless of merit. There may also be a time when you are called for peer review, and hiring an attorney familiar with this process may be necessary.
Professional liability insurance, commonly known as dental malpractice insurance, can help with the cost of legal expenses and other damages if a lawsuit is filed making allegations regarding errors in your work. Peer review defense may or may not be covered under standard malpractice insurance, which is important to know before it’s too late.
Business Income / Business Interruption
What would you do if a fire impacted the operation of your practice? Or what if a pipe leak caused a system outage or extended downtime? These and other events can destroy your ability to treat patients and bring in revenue, which can have a major long-term impact on the viability of your practice.
Business interruption insurance compensates you for lost income if your practice cannot operate as normal due to damage that is covered under your commercial property insurance policy, such as fire or water damage. This type of insurance covers the revenue your practice would have earned, based on your financial records, had the incident not occurred. The policy also covers continuing operating expenses such as rent, electricity, and ordinary payroll.
Many dental offices unknowingly underestimate the costs associated with replacing dental equipment. It’s not uncommon to find out that there is not enough coverage to replace it, and sometimes it’s already too late.
With a business owners insurance policy (BOP), most dental and general office equipment is included as business personal property and would be protected in the event of a covered loss. For specialized, high-valued equipment, a separate policy may be required. Your agent can help you to make that determination.
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
Workers’ compensation insurance protects your employees in the event that a job-related injury or sickness occurs during the course of their employment. This coverage is required by law, so be sure that your practice has it.
Employment Practice Liability Insurance (EPLI)
On average, it’s estimated that three-out-of-five businesses will be sued by their employees. While there is nothing you can do to prevent someone from filing a lawsuit, you can limit the costs of defending a legal claim with proper insurance coverage.
Obtain employment practice liability insurance (EPLI) to protect your practice and its directors, officers, and employees from alleged employment-related acts such as wrongful termination, failure to promote, discrimination, and sexual harassment.
Commercial Umbrella Policy
What happens when your practice faces a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limit of your standard policy?
A commercial umbrella insurance policy provides high limits of insurance, typically between $2 million and $10 million. Coverage is extended over your general liability, workers’ compensation, and business auto insurance. It provides a great safety net and helps to secure protection for your practice.
There may be times when you cover for another dentist in their office. Similarly, you may have a dentist cover for you if you’re going to be away or unable to see patients. There may be other instances where you have independent contractors such as hygienists or dental assistants working in your office.
If your policy only covers you when you’re in your office and there’s a claim against you for work you performed in someone else’s office, you may not be covered. Your insurer needs to know the locations where you work as well as who is working in your office, even when any of these circumstances are on a temporary basis.
More and more, people are reporting practices to their state licensing bureau for any number of reasons that are not related to the care you’ve provided. Defending these claims often requires representation by an attorney who has specialized knowledge in this area.
Responding to complaints against your dental license can be very costly. License defense coverage can help cover these costs. This separate coverage is necessary because this type of complaint is separate from lawsuits covered by malpractice insurance.
How Much Does Insurance Cost For A Dental Clinic?
The cost of dental business insurance Depends on how much coverage and the type of coverage you get. Many dentists offices we work with getting Workmen’s Compensation, liability insurance, other benefits for their employees like health, dental, and vision, digital liability insurance. Some family dentists get minimal insurance coverage and focus only on professional liability insurance or in dentistry it is referred to as dental malpractice insurance.
What Is Dental Malpractice Insurance?
Dental malpractice insurance protects you and your business from claims against injury. When running a dental business, there are multiple chances for injury to occur. Be protected from a lawsuit with dental malpractice insurance. Some examples of injuries that could occur that you could be held liable for are:
- Trip and fall hazards from the children’s toys in your waiting room.
- Accidental injuries can occur during oral surgery or regular dentist checkups.
- Injuries that could occur from hazards leading up to walking into your dentist office.
Typical Family Dental Office Insurance Coverage
Besides the dental office coverage listed below there is a wide variety of insurance coverage that many dentist offices get to protect their investments and practice:
- Family Dental Office Business Owners Policy (BOP): Getting a business owner’s policy for a dentist office is essentially a bundle of business insurance coverages designed to protect your business. A BOP is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy. Bundling your business insurance usually makes it more affordable.
- Family Dental Office General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a dentist office is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your business being forced to close.
- Family Dental Office Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your dentist office employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your dentist office but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Family Dental Office Business Crime Insurance: When running a dentist office you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Dental equipment is especially expensive and would result in a large financial loss for your dental office. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business, and all of your assets.
- Family Dental Office Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber liability insurance is needed by every business that has financial information or medical records stored on their computer. Think about any aspect of your dentist office business that is present online or on your office computer. Imagine if any of that information or data were stolen or destroyed. Lacking cybersecurity has the potential to not only damage your business and reputation but to fully close your dentist office doors.
- Family Dental Office Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your dentist office will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your dentist office property.
- Family Dental Office Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your dentist office is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing dentist office insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
Family Dental Office Employee Benefits
- Family Dental Office Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your dentist office employees. Keeping employees at your dentist office business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Family Dental Office Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your dentist office employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every dentist office. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
- Family Dental Office Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your dentist office employees. If you are a dentist office you need to offer your employees dental insurance. If you don’t provide dental insurance to your employees, they might be confused.
Do I Need Family Dental Office Insurance?
In Pennsylvania, if you are a licensed business you are required to have at minimum liability insurance. As a dental practice, The risks are too high to function as a business without insurance protecting you. You need insurance for your dental office. If you operate without dentist business coverage One lawsuit or claim against you could easily shut down your business.
Dental Office Business Insurance We Provide
There are many types of dental offices. From places that work with patients Ongoing treatment to dental specialists who provide specific oral surgeries and services. Below are a few types of dental offices we have worked with:
- General dentists
- Dental hygienists
- Oral surgeons
- Oral Pathologists
- Pediatric Dentists
Pennsylvania Dentist Office Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania and we have been providing great business insurance to our local community for over 100 years. We love the state of Pennsylvania and we all use dentist offices within PA. Contact Strickler Insurance to get dental insurance in Pennsylvania.
Get Family Dental Office Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your dentist office insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania, or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler, we hope to provide the best dentist office insurance. We provide dentist office coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, and Virginia. Contact us today for a free dentist office insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Dental Office Insurance coverage.
Dental Office Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.