Is your current insurance policy in need of a repair?
Garage repair shop insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Garage repair shops face high financial risks simply because of the nature of the business. A specialty insurance policy can protect your garage repair shop from potentially devastating financial losses.
Get Mechanic Business Insurance At Strickler Insurance
If you’re the mechanic or body shop technician and you also own the garage repair shop, it is likely you are managing a lot of different aspects of your business. You’re in charge of billing, hiring, doing actual mechanic work, marketing, and all of the other headaches. If anything goes wrong you really don’t have time to manage all of it. That’s why it’s so important to make sure your garage repair shop is appropriately insured. At Strickler Insurance we work with you to make sure your coverage fits your mechanic business. Contact us for a free quote today!
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Commercial General Liability / Garage Liability
Your repair shop may be susceptible to many risks, such as claims due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and more. For example, if a customer accidentally trips and falls while on the premises of your repair shop, you can become exposed to a potential lawsuit and held financially responsible for any injuries that result from the accident.
Commercial general liability insurance is an absolute necessity for every repair shop. This type of protection provides broad coverage for premises, operations, completed operations and advertising, and personal injury. It will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action regardless of its merit. Coverage can be purchased as a separate policy and can be tailored to your specific needs. Coverage limits generally range from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
Commercial Property Insurance
When a gas tank explosion causes an uncontrollable fire, your commercial property and everything within it can suffer a significant loss. This can have a detrimental effect on your repair shop business.
Commercial property insurance can help protect the property your business owns or leases, including things like equipment, inventory, furniture, and fixtures. Whether you own your building or lease your workspace, commercial property insurance can be purchased separately or can be combined with other necessary coverage to protect your business’ physical assets.
Property of Others - Garagekeepers
The nature of your business means you’re responsible for valuable cars, trucks, and other automobiles. As a repair shop owner, you’re trusted to safeguard vehicles belonging to others. This responsibility brings with it potential liability of being held financially responsible for property damage caused to these vehicles while in your care, custody, and control.
You should purchase physical damage coverage, referred to as garagekeepers coverage, designed to help you protect your customers’ property and your business in the event that accidents, injuries, or property damage occurs. This protection covers the costs that arise from unfortunate and unforeseeable events, not bad workmanship, faulty parts, or warranties.
Inland Marine and Mobile Equipment Policies
You’re constantly moving your tools from one area of your repair shop to another, exposing your business to potential loss due to damage or theft. And without your specialized tools and equipment, your repair job may come to a screeching halt.
You can purchase special equipment insurance designed to protect your tools and equipment on the move. The policy will cover equipment for a variety of losses, including fire, explosion, vandalism, theft, collision with other equipment or objects, and overturning.
Workers' Compensation and Employers Liability
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
Workers' compensation and employers liability insurance protects your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during the course of employment. Since benefits vary by state law, make sure your insurance agent is aware of all physical locations your business operates in and all physical locations where you hire your employees.
Business Auto Insurance
As a repair shop owner, you have many exposures associated with your business vehicles–owned or leased. With a fleet of cars, trucks, vans, or other types of vehicles used in the course of business, a single accident can potentially put your business in financial jeopardy.
Business auto insurance provides coverage for vehicles owned or leased by a repair shop and provides coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and other exposures, and could include comprehensive and collision coverage as well.
Commercial Umbrella / Excess Insurance
Losses and lawsuits are quite common in the repair shop business, and settlements can be substantial. If your business is found to be responsible for damage or injury, you could be facing a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limits of your standard policy.
You should consider purchasing a commercial umbrella or excess insurance policy which provides higher limits, typically between $2,000,000 and $10,000,000, and often broadened coverages. Coverage is extended over your general liability insurance, workers' compensation, and business auto insurance. It provides a great safety net and helps ensure your repair shop business is well-protected.
Typical Garage Repair Shop Insurance Coverages
- Garage Repair Shop Business Owners Policy (BOP): A business owner’s policy for a mechanic business is an essential part of protecting your business. This is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy.
- Garage Repair Shop General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for an automotive repair business is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your auto repair business being forced to close.
- Garage Repair Shop Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your mechanics is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your mechanics but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Garage Repair Shop Business Crime Insurance: When running a mechanic business you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business, and all of your assets.
- Garage Repair Shop Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your mechanic will help protect your garage, parts, and tools. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your automotive repair business property.
- Garage Repair Shop Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your automotive repair business is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing automotive repair business insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
Garage Repair Shop Employee Benefits
- Garage Repair Shop Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your automotive repair business employees. Keeping mechanics at your garage can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Garage Repair Shop Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your mechanics. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every automotive repair business. If you run a detailing business or autobody repair business you definitely want your employees to have good vision so not a scratch is left on the vehicles. This benefit will help your employees “see” how much you care about them and their vision.
- Garage Repair Shop Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your automotive repair business employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
Faulty Repair Claim Protection For Mechanics
When you have professional liability coverage you will be protected against claims for damages that might be due to a car or mistakes caused by staff when working on vehicles. While coverage for faulty repairs and damages are important for small dents and damages, it can be a lifesaver when brakes fail or vehicles crash into each other at your garage.
Garage Repair Shop Lost Income Insurance Coverage
Coverage for lost income is such an important garage repair shop insurance policy. If your garage is damaged by fire and you are unable to operate as you normally would, what would happen? Do you have insurance coverage that can make sure your mechanic shop continues to operate after your insurance pays to rebuild the workshop?
Do I Need Garage Repair Shop Insurance?
General liability insurance is required for most licensed business owners in Pennsylvania and neighboring states. While this would be the bare minimum coverage for your business, consider the financial loss if a vehicle crashed into another one, a part of your shop burned to the ground. You need insurance for your automotive repair shop
Get Garage Repair Shop Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your mechanic shop insurance in Lebanon PA. Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best automotive repair business insurance. We provide automotive repair business coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free automotive repair business insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Garage Repair Shop Insurance coverage.
Garage Repair Shop Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
Review options with an agent.
Get the coverage you need.