Protection beyond the ones and zeros.
Technology firm insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Technology businesses are exciting and are revolutionizing the business world as well as the world we live in. Almost everything is connected to technology. With how diverse technology businesses are and how integrated technology is with our every day lives there is a lot of responsibility behind the industry.
There are a wide variety of technology firms. But there’s one thing that almost every technology business uses. Data. Within marketing, software, networking, computer programming, IT systems and many other technology industries the common denominator is data. We all know data is the power behind our business, but if there are errors in data or list and stolen data our business and future is in danger. There are two extremely important types of business insurance that can protect your technology businesses.
Errors And Omissions Insurance
If you own a technology firm you need errors and omissions insurance. This insurance can protect you from lost data, data mistakes and costly data misuse.Errors and omissions insurance is actually a type of professional liability insurance. This protects your company, your workers and any claims you might receive against miss managed data. This coverage covers both the court costs and settlements in an error and omissions case.
Cyber Liability Insurance
As tech industries grow so her cyber liability insurance. Having cyber insurance can protect businesses from data breaches that result in costly legal services and fines as well as payment for financial losses from the data breach. Cyber liability insurance is an extremely specific type of insurance that covers the narrow threshold of data breaches. Data is powerful but it can also be costly when mismanaged.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Commercial General Liability
Businesses are susceptible to many risks, such as claims due to property damage, bodily injury, personal injury, and more.
General liability insurance is an absolute necessity for your technology business. It provides broad coverage when you are deemed responsible and liable, and will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action regardless of its merit.
As a company providing emerging technology products and support, you are susceptible to unique exposures and potential lawsuits either by not doing the work correctly (errors) or not doing it at all (omissions). Lawsuits can arise claiming the error or omission harmed your client and caused them a financial loss.
Professional liability insurance protects you and your business from potentially catastrophic litigation caused by charges of professional negligence or failure to perform your professional duties. This might include errors and omissions resulting in loss of client data, software or system failure, claims of non-performance, or negligent oversell.
When a fire, theft, or another type of disaster strikes, your commercial property and everything within it can suffer a significant loss. This can have a detrimental effect on your technology business.
Commercial property insurance can help protect the property your business owns or leases, including things like equipment, inventory, furniture, and fixtures. Whether you own your building or lease your workspace, commercial property insurance can be purchased separately or can be combined with other necessary coverage to protect your business’ physical assets.
Systems Breakdown / Inland Marine
Computers, phone systems, steam boilers and other equipment are susceptible to exposures not normally covered under your basic policy. While repairs are being made, you can lose valuable time and suffer diminished profits. More often than not, business interruption, extra expense and recovery costs can outweigh the damage to the equipment itself.
Systems breakdown insurance can cover more than the cost to repair or replace your equipment. It can cover lost income if you need to temporarily shut down, the extra expenses needed to continue running your business while equipment is being fixed or the losses and expenses your business may incur if normal operations are interrupted by an off-site equipment-related failure.
What would you do if a pipe leak impacted the operation of your business and prevented you from serving clients for a day or more? Or what if a hacker or cyber-criminal caused a system outage or extended downtime, leaving your business inoperable? These and other events can destroy your ability to serve clients and bring in revenue, which can have a major long-term impact on the viability of your business.
Business income insurance compensates you for lost income if your company cannot operate as normal due to disaster-related damage that is covered under your commercial property insurance policy.
Workers' Compensation and Employers Liability
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
Workers’ compensation and employers liability insurance protects your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during the course of employment. Since benefits vary by state law, make sure your insurance agent is aware of all physical locations your business operates in and all physical locations where you hire your employees.
As a technology business, you have many exposures associated with your business vehicles, whether they are owned or leased. With a fleet of cars, trucks, vans or other types of vehicles used in the course of business, a single accident can potentially put your technology business in financial jeopardy.
Business auto insurance provides coverage for vehicles owned or leased by your technology business and provides coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and other exposures, and could include comprehensive and collision coverage as well.
Commercial Umbrella / Excess Insurance
Losses and lawsuits are quite common in business and settlements can be substantial. If your technology business is found to be responsible for damage or injury to a third party, you could be facing a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limits of your standard policy.
You should consider purchasing a commercial umbrella or excess insurance policy, which provides higher limits, typically between $2,000,000 and $10,000,000, and often broadened coverages. Coverage is extended over your general liability insurance, workers’ compensation, and business auto insurance. It provides a great safety net and helps ensure your technology business is well-protected.
The Internet has spun a whole new web of liability exposures. E-commerce, social networking, cloud storage, and other technologies bring great benefits to large and small businesses alike. But with these benefits also come challenges, including protection of privacy, data, and financial information of your customers. If this information is lost, stolen, or compromised, your company is at risk. In fact, you may even be required by law to alert those impacted by the breach and to pay for any financial loss incurred.
Cyber liability coverage offers protection due to unauthorized access to electronic data or software within your network. It also provides coverage for spreading a virus, computer theft, extortion, or any unintentional act, mistake, error, or omission made by an employee. This coverage is quickly becoming more and more important as you embrace technology to help run your business.
Business Insurance For A Technology Firm
While cyber liability insurance and errors and omissions are extremely important for your tech business to have, there are other foundational insurance coverages you should consider. Below is a list of common insurance we provide out technology firms:
- Technology Firm Business Owners Policy (BOP): A business owners policy for a technology business is an essential part of protecting your business. This is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy.
- Technology Firm Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your technology business employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your technology business but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Technology Firm Business Crime Insurance: Your technology, data and the tools you use are all expensive. There is always the potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business and all of your assets.
- Technology Firm General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a technology business is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your tech business being forced to close.
- Technology Firm Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your technology business will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your technology business property.
- Technology Firm Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your technology business is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing technology business insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
Technology Firm Employee Benefits
- Technology Firm Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your technology business employees. Keeping employees at your technology business business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Technology Firm Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your technology business employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
- Technology Firm Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your technology business employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every technology business. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
Do I Need Technology Firm Insurance?
General liability insurance is required for most licensed business owners in PA. While this would be the bare minimum coverage for your tech business, consider the financial loss if any of the data you manage or information you own were to be stolen or misused.
Get Technology Firm Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your technology business insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best technology business insurance. We provide technology business coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free technology business insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Technology Firm Insurance coverage.
Technology Firm Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.