Pray for the best. Prepare for the worst.
Church insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
There’s a wide variety of religious centers in the United States. From churches to synagogues to mosques and temples, all of these centers for worship need to have insurance to protect the future of the building and religious community that meets there.
Do I Need Insurance For My Religious Center?
Property insurance is required for most churches and religious centers in Pennsylvania and neighboring states. If you have a vehicle, that will need auto insurance as well. Get all the insurance coverage you need for your church in one place.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Stained Glass Insurance
Stained glass is often very valuable and sometimes priceless. Several hundreds of thousands of dollars might be needed to refurbish the stained glass. If it’s damaged by vandalism, hail, fire, or other means, it can be very costly to fix. Finding a qualified contractor may also be challenging.
Depending upon your insurance coverage, an appraisal of your stained glass damage could be free of charge. In addition, consider including the value of the stained glass in the building limit of the church, and also include coverage under the church’s blanket limit. Some insurance companies may treat stained glass as part of a fine arts floater. Either way, this helps ensure the proper coverage in the event that something bad happens.
Abuse and Molestation Insurance
There are hundreds of reports each year of people being sexually abused by clergy, church staff, volunteers, and congregation members. Countless more are abused without any report being made.
Obtain the proper abuse or molestation coverage to protect the church in the event of an allegation arises. In addition, consider having a written document to address how to prevent sexual abuse from happening and what to do in the event of an allegation.
Non-Owned Auto Insurance
Church volunteers and employees often use personal vehicles to do work for the church.
Make sure to add hired and non-owned auto coverage to the church’s insurance policy to cover this exposure. Also, check the motor vehicle records for anyone who drives other members…especially kids.
Religious Freedom Insurance
Churches sometimes have very closely held beliefs that may open them up to potential lawsuits in the event the church’s beliefs cause someone else to feel wronged. An example might be a church refusing to perform a same-sex marriage, which results in a lawsuit.
Consider adding religious freedom coverage. This insurance can protect the church in the event it is sued because of closely-held beliefs core to the church.
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance (D&O)
Almost all churches have some form of board of directors that makes financial and operational decisions on behalf of the congregation. An organization once sued a church for improperly using their trademarked property while promoting a fundraising event. The total loss and defense costs totaled $400,000.
Directors and officers liability insurance protects the decision-makers of the church from lawsuits and claims. Instead of suing the individuals directly, the lawsuit would be defended by the church’s D&O policy. Most people who serve on a board in a volunteer capacity should demand this coverage before serving.
Roof claims are the most common claims that churches face. Each year, billions of dollars of damage are typically paid as a result of storm damage.
Ensure you have the proper coverage and confirm that you are insured to full replacement value. In addition, make sure your insurance policy includes replacement cost coverage for roof claims for wind and hail.
Security in churches is becoming a larger issue as attacks have increased in recent years.
Every church should have a security plan. This plan should detail where parishioners go in the event of an emergency, which entrances are open during worship times, who should contact the authorities, how to spot someone who may pose a security risk, and how to react to someone who is trying to cause harm to parishioners.
Professional Liability Insurance
Pastors often find themselves giving counseling to couples or other church members. In addition, pastors could be at risk of a lawsuit for what they say in the pulpit.
When it comes to counseling, pastors should have clear guidelines on what is acceptable in a counseling situation. In addition, pastors should be trained to know what needs to be reported to the authorities in the event of an extreme situation. Adding professional liability coverage to your church’s insurance policy can help protect the pastor and church from claims or lawsuits arising from what the pastor says at the pulpit or when teaching or preaching.
What Does Insurance For Religious Centers Cover?
A church insurance policy can protect you from property damage, theft, vandalism or damages from natural causes. It can also protect you from certain liabilities that may arise. If you own a church van you can bundle your commercial auto insurance with your church insurance. Below are a few common examples of insurance coverage for religious centers.
- Church Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your church employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your religious center but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Church Crime Insurance: When running a church you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your church will protect your church’s assets like computers, sound equipment, and music equipment.
- Church General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a church is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability you might sustain. Since your church meets regularly and has weekly events there is a high likelihood of having liability costs. Not having liability insurance could result in your church being forced to close.
- Church Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your church will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your church property. Property insurance and insurance for your chapel or temple comes in a wide variety. Whether your church is a refurbished grocery store or your place of worship is a historic building that requires specific insurance, getting the most accurate insurance is our goal.
- Church Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your church is such an effective way to protect your religious organization. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing church insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Church Commercial Auto Insurance: Another insurance you might need is commercial auto for your church van or vehicles. Protect your vehicles which are a huge investment for your religious organization.
Getting Insurance For Your Specific Church
Churches typically need unique insurance coverage because a lot of churches are different. Some churches run homeless shelters others have food banks while others have large event spaces. All of these differences require different types of insurance coverage for your church. I Stricklin Sherance we will determine the best church insurance coverage for your organization’s specific needs.
Church Employee Benefits
- Church Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your church employees. Keeping employees at your church can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization. Since you are also considered a non-profit you can create group insurance that your church members have the option of benefiting from as well.
- Church Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your church employees. Providing dental benefits to your pastor is extremely important, especially since he is speaking to everyone. Don’t let your pastor have bad breath and scare new members away, get dental coverage for your pastor.
- Church Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your church employees. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
Get Church Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your church insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best church insurance. We provide religious center insurance coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free church insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Church Insurance coverage.
Church Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
Review options with an agent.
Get the coverage you need.