Focus on your farm. We have you covered.
Farm insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
As a farmer you know how unpredictable the weather and life can be. Getting farm insurance can protect your farm and home from the unexpected. When your work and home are bundled together the risks are so much higher. Protecting your future and your families future should be a top priority. Get insurance from a company who knows your farming business and the value of what you are protecting.
Get Farm Insurance You Need From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance has been providing insurance for over 160 years. In that time, farming has changed and developed just as much as insurance. Working with businesses and farms throughout that time has made Strickler Insurance expert insurance agents for farmers. We can provide the personalized and expert farm insurance your business needs. Contact us for a free quote.
Farm Insurance Personalized To Your Type of Farm
Since Strickler Insurance is located in central Pennsylvania we see a wide variety of farms. We provide dairy farms insurance as well as crop farms. One area that is surprising for a lot of people is insurance for a hobby farm. While we do not get a lot of these, if your hobby farm is a major part of your financial livelihood you should get insurance for it. As an insurance agency we know that both dairy farming, tree farming, and crop farming have a manufacturing aspect to it. We provide insurance for wineries and breweries and can provide insurance for a wide range of insurance.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
ATV / Utility Vehicles
Utility vehicles or ATVs designed for use on farms can increase liability. This is mainly because these vehicles are known to be associated with high-risk behaviors, such as operating the vehicle without the use of protective equipment.
If you routinely ride your ATV or utility vehicle, be sure to always use good judgment and wear proper protective equipment, such as a helmet. Additionally, avoid behaviors that are known to increase risk of injury, such as riding on roads that are intended for automobiles.
Products Liability Exposure
Say, for example, that the beef produced from the cows raised or kept on a farm causes illness in a consumer when it’s eaten.
To combat this risk, add an endorsement that modifies your insurance policy to protect you from these potential mistakes.
Foreign Object Ingestion Coverage
Equipment used on a farm has a high risk of mechanical breakdown. For example, a farmer's combine or chopper could ingest a rock causing equipment failure.
Add Foreign Object Ingestion coverage so the repairs on your combine or chopper will be covered on your policy. Ask your agent if your policy has this coverage since it is not "automatic" on most farm policies.
Coverage for Peak Season
During harvest, a farmer often stores grain in grain bins, and this grain usually sells within a few months. Coverage is needed while the grain is on-site, but it could get expensive to fully maintain this coverage during the rest of the year when no grain is present on the farm.
Cover the grain under peak season. This option tailors your coverage to provide increased amounts of insurance during the months in which you have grain on your farm. This type of coverage can be applied to any harvested crop, not just grains.
Pollution is an increasing risk that can occur due to the improper storage or application of pesticides and fertilizers, runoff, and above ground or underground storage tanks.
It is difficult to control pollution risks on your farm, but it is not impossible. You can protect yourself against this type of risk by obtaining environmental insurance that provides protection for both bodily injury and property damage caused by a farm pollution incident.
What happens when your farm faces a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limit of your standard policy?
A commercial umbrella insurance policy increases your liability limits by adding protection over and above your current farm policies - providing real financial value, as well as priceless peace of mind. Commercial umbrella insurance is available either by an endorsement to your farm policy or as separate coverage.
Care, Custody, and Control
If you're caring for livestock owned by others on your farm and an unfortunate event occurs causing the death of some or all of this livestock, you may be held responsible.
To protect yourself and your farm from this type of risk, add care, custody, and control to your insurance policy as an endorsement.
Custom Farming / Business Activity
Does your farm provide services for others? If so, you may be held responsible for the business activities related to these services.
To protect yourself from any type of incident relating to these business activities, add an endorsement for custom farming to your insurance policy.
There are many uncontrollable factors that affect the growth of field crops, such as weather. Are you prepared for what might happen if your crops are devastated by an uncontrollable incident?
You can protect your livelihood and investment from this type of unavoidable risk with the addition of multi-peril crop insurance.
If you have a barn or farm structure, a loss to these structures can be catastrophic, potentially putting the farm out of business.
Be sure you have adequate property coverage to protect your farm from potential catastrophic loss.
If your tractor, combine, harvester, or other farming equipment has cab glass, that glass could break. It can be an expensive repair and cause your equipment to be unavailable for an extended amount of time.
Be sure you have coverage to help pay for repairs or other service work for broken glass.
Typical Farm Insurance Coverage
Below is a few types of insurance we have provided farms and business:
- Farmer’s Business Owners Policy (BOP): Getting a business owner’s policy for a farming business is essentially a bundle of business insurance coverages designed to protect your business. A BOP is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy. Bundling your business insurance usually makes it more affordable.
- Farming General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a farming business is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your business being forced to close.
- Farmer’s Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your farming business employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your farming business but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Farming Business Crime Insurance: When running a farming business you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business, and all of your assets.
- Farming Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your farming business will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your farming business property.
- Farmer’s Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your farming business is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing farming business insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Farmer’s Commercial Auto Insurance: Another insurance you might need is commercial auto for your farming business. Vehicles are one of your largest investments, make sure you protect them.
Farmer Employee Benefits
Not every farm has employees. If you do have employees helping run your farm you are required to have workman’s compensation. The below benefits will help you retain employees and provide quality coverage for them and their families.
- Farm Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your farming business employees. Keeping employees at your farming business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Farm Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your farming business employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every farming business. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
- Farm Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your farming business employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
Do I Need Farm Insurance?
Yes! While you may not be required by the state to have insurance for your farm, it is wise to have farm insurance. When the tools, crops, or animals can be damaged, killed, or stolen it makes sense to have insurance
How Much Does Farm Insurance Cost?
Like everything with insurance it depends on what you are protecting. From farm equipment to property value the cost of farm insurance varies based on the value of the materials protected and the coverage that you get on the
Home And Farm Insurance
If you own a farm where you also have your home you probably want to protect that as well. Your farm insurance can be designed to protect your home, farm as well as machinery or livestock. Discuss with farm insurance agent
Get Pennsylvania Farm Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your farming business insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best farming business insurance. We provide farming business coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free farming business insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Farm Insurance coverage.
Farm Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.