Protecting your hometown.
Municipality insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Municipalities, state organizations, townships and locals need insurance. As a public service entity you have a lot of work you manage. From taxes and personal information to construction projects and the risk of the public entering your building. There is a wide range of risk for a municipality, make sure you are correctly protected from the unexpected.
Get Municipalities Insurance You Need From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance has been providing insurance in Pennsylvania for over 160 years. In that time we have worked with a wide variety of businesses, public service entities, and municipalities.
Insurance For Running A City Or Township
Because your municipality does not run like a business, there is a lot to consider. Do I need more or less insurance coverage. How much does municipality insurance cost? What buildings can I cover with municipality insurance and how many can be bundled together effectively? Don’t forget your machinery and equipment. Getting proper insurance coverage starts when you call us.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Your township building is susceptible to many perils throughout the year such as wind, rain, collapse, fire, and smoke. When significant damages to the building occur, how will you replace the building and its contents to continue servicing the township?
Property insurance can help protect the property your township owns or leases, including things like equipment, supplies, furniture, and fixtures. Whether you own your building or lease your workspace, property insurance can be purchased separately or can be combined with other necessary coverage to protect your business’ physical assets.
Abuse and Molestation
There are hundreds of reports each year of children being sexually abused by adults. This exposure is excluded from the standard general liability policy form.
Obtain the proper abuse and molestation coverage to protect the municipality from the possibility of significant financial loss in the event of an allegation. In addition, have written documentation within the municipality to address how to prevent sexual abuse from happening, how to report it to authorities, and what to do in an event of an allegation.
If a municipality runs the community sewer and wastewater plant, it can be exposed to many risks such as failure to supply, water contamination, notification expenses, and others.
A sewer authority coverage liability form can cover the professional activities that go along with managing a wastewater treatment facility. Some forms include errors and omissions, failure to supply utilities, and other necessary coverages such as equipment breakdown for the facility.
Public Officials Liability
Any municipality that has elected public officials or governing boards (park boards, historic boards, etc.) has exposure for the financial and other decisions the boards make, which affect the entire population of that municipality.
A municipality can be held liable for wrongful acts and decisions made by elected public officials and governing boards and will need to defend against such allegations. Having a liability policy that can protect against these risks is essential. This can also include employment practices liability as well.
Law Enforcement Liability
Having a municipal police force has many areas of liability, especially in today’s legal environment. Police can be held liable or sued for wrongful detention, police brutality, and other accusations. Unfortunately, these claims normally carry a high dollar value.
Law enforcement liability provides coverage for the municipality and its police officers for allegations that may arise from an officer’s actions. This coverage can also include a line of duty accidental death coverage and a moonlighting endorsement.
Flood and Earthquake Coverage
Depending on your location and surroundings, your borough could be in an earthquake and flood-prone area. The common property policy excludes coverage for these types of claims, leaving a municipality with significant structural or water damage and no coverage.
Adding earthquake and/or flood policies can cover property claims when those disasters occur. Depending on the zone you occupy, limits can go up to $10M and will include a deductible per occurrence.
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
Workers' compensation and employers liability insurance protect your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during the course of employment. Since benefits vary by state law, make sure your insurance agent is aware of all physical locations your business operates in, as well as all physical locations where you hire your employees.
General Liability Insurance
Water on the floor, slippery entry in the winter, broken glass/hazardous debris, etc. These can all be accidents waiting to happen on municipal property. Claims may arise due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and more.
General liability insurance is an absolute necessity. It provides broad coverage when the municipality is deemed responsible and liable, and will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action regardless of its merit.
Typical Municipalities Insurance Coverage
There is a wide variety of required municipality coverage as well as recommend insurance coverage for municipalities. Below are a few common coverages we have provided municipalities in Pennsylvania.
- Municipalities General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a municipal and township is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your business being forced to close.
- Municipalities Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your municipal and township employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your municipality and township but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Municipalities Business Crime Insurance: When running a municipal and township you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business, and all of your assets.
- Municipalities Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber liability insurance is something almost every municipality needs. Think about any aspect of your municipal and township that is present online, or the data you have on township residence. Imagine if any of that information or data were stolen or destroyed. Lacking cybersecurity has the potential to not only damage your business and reputation but to fully close your municipal and township doors.
- Municipalities Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your municipal and township will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your municipal and township property.
- Municipalities Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your municipal and township is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing municipal and township insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Municipalities Commercial Auto Insurance: Another insurance you will need is commercial auto for your municipal and township. Vehicles are one of your largest investments, make sure you protect them.
Municipalities Employee Benefits
- Municipalities Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your municipal and township employees. Keeping employees at your municipal and township business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retention and health for your whole organization.
- Municipalities Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your municipal and township employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every municipality and township. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
- Municipalities Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your municipal and township employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
Do I Need Municipalities Insurance?
Municipalities are required to have certain insurance in accordance with PA commercial insurance regulations. At Strickler Insurance we know what your municipality is required to have and can customize those requirements to your municipality. Beyond the required insurance you need health insurance for your employees and workers comp or vehicle insurance that are also required. Get all of your insurance coverage through Strickler to make your management and coverage easy.
Get Municipalities Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your municipal and township insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best municipal and township insurance. We provide municipal and township coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free municipal and township insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Municipality Insurance coverage.
Municipality Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
Review options with an agent.
Get the coverage you need.