You help others. We help you with your insurance.
Non-profit insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
As a nonprofit that is a registered 501(c)(3) your goal is probably to help people. You serve the community, the world and aim to make a difference. Well you are a nonprofit you still need insurance just like any other business.It’s Stricker insurance we will help you with your custom nonprofit insurance needs.
As A 501(c)(3) Organization Do I Need Insurance?
Yes, your nonprofit needs insurance. As your nonprofit functions it will still be liable for any damages that might occur or typical risks that occur for small businesses. Learn more about insurance for nonprofits and make sure you are protected in all of your activities and your future.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Directors and Officers Insurance
What happens if a board member invests the non-profit's assets unwisely and loses everything? A creditor might sue the non-profit as well as its directors and officers. Non-profit organizations are not immune to lawsuits. It’s possible someone may disagree with the way you run the organization and file suit. Oftentimes, non-profits don't have deep pockets to fight these types of lawsuits, therefore putting the organization at risk.
Directors and officers liability insurance protects your directors, officers, trustees, employees, volunteers, and the entity from any act or alleged act, error, omission, misstatement, misleading statement, or breach of duty.
General Liability Insurance
Water on the floor, slippery entry in the winter, broken glass/hazardous debris, etc. These can all be accidents waiting to happen that make your non-profit susceptible. Claims may arise due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and more.
General liability insurance is an absolute necessity for any business. It provides broad coverage when you are deemed responsible and liable, and will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action regardless of its merit.
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
Workers' compensation and employers liability insurance protects your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during the course of employment. Since benefits vary by state law, make sure your insurance agent is aware of all physical locations your business operates in and all physical locations where you hire your employees.
Commercial Property Insurance
When a fire, theft, or another type of disaster strikes, your commercial property and everything within it can suffer a significant loss. This can have a detrimental effect on your organization.
Commercial property insurance can help protect the property your business owns and leases, including things like equipment, inventory, furniture, and fixtures. Whether you own your building or lease your workspace, commercial property insurance can be purchased separately or can be combined with other necessary coverage to protect your business’ physical assets.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI)
On average, it's estimated that three out of five businesses will be sued by their employees. Claims can stem from just about anything, such as someone taking a joke the wrong way and being offended. While there is nothing you can do to prevent someone from filing a lawsuit, there is something you can do to limit the costs of defending a legal claim.
The right coverage is critical to your risk management process as it protects against discrimination, wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and other employment-related allegations.
Business Income Insurance
What would you do if an email virus impacted the operation of your database and prevented you from serving clients for a day or more? Or what if a hacker or cyber criminal caused a system outage or extended downtime, leaving your business inoperable? These and other events can destroy your ability to serve clients and bring in revenue, which can have a major long-term impact on the viability of your business.
Business income insurance compensates you for lost income if your company cannot operate as normal due to disaster-related damage that is covered under your commercial property insurance policy, such as a data breach or cyber attack. Business income insurance covers the revenue you would have earned, based on your financial records, had the disaster not occurred. The policy also covers operating expenses, like electricity, that continue even though business activities have come to a temporary halt.
Lawsuits can happen to anyone, and the damages can be hefty whether you win or lose. Even if you’ve done nothing wrong, you’ll need to defend yourself. So regardless of whether a contract requires it, without professional liability coverage, you could be putting your business’ future at risk.
Similar to directors and officers liability insurance, professional liability coverage protects against liabilities resulting from mismanagement of the organization, as well as workplace-related claims such as discrimination or sexual harassment. It covers not only directors and officers, but also staff, volunteers, and the non-profit organization itself.
What Does Nonprofit Insurance Cover?
Since nonprofits come in all shapes and sizes, The insurance coverage you need depends on what your organization does. Some nonprofits are considered charities and others are philanthropic. Our professionals at Strickler insurance will discuss with you what your nonprofit does and what coverage would suit your organization best. See a few options for non-profit coverage:
- Non-profit Business Owners Policy (BOP): A business owners policy for a non-profit is an essential part of protecting your business. This is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy.
- Non-profit Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your non-profit employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your non-profit but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Non-profit Crime Insurance: When running a non-profit you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business and all of your assets.
- Non-profit Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber liability insurance is something almost every business needs. Think about any aspect of your non-profit business that is present online. Imagine if any of that information or data were stolen or destroyed. Lacking cyber security has the potential to not only damage your business and reputation but to fully close your non-profit doors.
- Non-profit General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a non-profit is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your non-profit being forced to close.
- Non-profit Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your non-profit will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your non-profit property.
- Non-profit Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your non-profit is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing non-profit insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Non-profit Commercial Auto Insurance: Another insurance you might need is commercial auto for your nonprofit’s vehicles.
Additional Non-Profit Insurance
Above is simply the general coverage a lot of charitable organizations have. We can provide custom and specific insurance to protect your 501(c)(3) so you can continue to improve our local community.
Non-profit Employee Benefits
- Non-profit Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your non-profit employees. Keeping employees at your non-profit business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Non-profit Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your non-profit employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
- Non-profit Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your non-profit employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every non-profit. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
Strickler Insurance’s Involvement With Local Nonprofits
We are no stranger to nonprofit organizations, Strickler insurance takes a keen Interest in local nonprofits and charities in Lebanon Pennsylvania. We have a variety of fundraisers we are involved in to improve the local community. When getting a quote for your nonprofit insurance ask us about our philanthropy, and stop in our office to see our original insurance coverage document for the Lebanon YMCA that is next door to us.
Get Non-profit Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your non-profit insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best non-profit insurance. We provide non-profit coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free non-profit insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Non-Profit Insurance coverage.
Non-Profit Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
Review options with an agent.
Get the coverage you need.