Teeing up the ideal insurance coverage.
Golf course insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Golfing is such a relaxing pastime. Many of our team members and insurance agents love to go golfing, some even participate in archery golf tournaments. But we know from insurance we provide golf courses that operating the golf course isn’t easy. It comes with a large amount of risk, time management, and organization.
The financial risks connected to property damage, liquor liability, liability in general, and even managing golf carts is high. Protect your golf course from all of these risks by getting specialty golf course insurance. Having an insurance agent that understands these risks will help you get the correct policy for your golf course.
Golf Facilities Insurance Specialists
As mentioned above many of our team members or connected to local golf courses. And her team members take the time to provided range of specialized golf insurance coverage. Liability, property damage, and liquor liability are extremely common insurance coverages for golf courses. Our team will work with you to make sure you have the coverage you need. Whether it be special event insurance for tournaments, or specific coverage for your cyber security. Strickler a Sharon is dedicated to providing the best golf insurance we possibly can. Learn more about our professional insurance coverage and contact us for a free quote.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Tee and Green
The surfaces, tees, and greens are susceptible to storm damage, vandalism, and other risks.
Make certain your policy contains tee and green coverage and includes the wording "all playing surfaces." Seek a high limit of coverage ($1,000,000 or more) and make certain there is no per hole limitation.
As exposed by Superstorm Sandy and other significant weather events in recent years, flooding can occur in almost any location and to any business. Are you protected?
Flood insurance is not part of any property or liability policy. It is a standalone policy that reacts independently from all other coverage. Whether or not your course is (or is not) in a designated flood zone, consider coverage in anticipation of an unforeseen weather event.
Your course's rolling slopes of emerald green are not a product of nature alone. The chemicals used to keep the grass lush create exposures for pollution that can often be overlooked.
There may be a need to protect against tank leakage and other pollution. Look for a complete environmental insurance policy to address all of your exposures, beyond just the normal herbicide and pesticide coverage for over spraying.
Employment Practices Liability Insurance (EPLI) / Directors and Officers (D&O)
On average, it's estimated that three out of five businesses will be sued by their employees. Golf courses, just like any other business, are vulnerable from the pre-hire process through to a possible reduction in workforce. Claims can stem from just about anything, such as someone taking a joke the wrong way and being offended. In addition, key personnel (such as directors, officers, and other board members) may be at increased risk resulting from possible discrimination, slander, and more.
Seek the broadest policies available with the highest rated carriers and have separate limits for both employment practices liability and directors and officers liability. Review all of your liability policies, as gaps or overlaps may occur with third-party discrimination coverage, fiduciary liability coverage, and commercial general liability.
Providing a valet service is convenient for your guests, but damaging a vehicle or property, or causing injury, is a very real risk associated with it.
Obtain a general liability policy to protect your business from lawsuits by a third party. Be certain that a garagekeepers legal liability policy is also in effect with adequate limits to cover any physical damage to a guest's vehicle or other vehicles on-site. If you are using an independent valet service, obtain a certificate of insurance to verify they have the proper coverage with adequate limits. Also make sure that your business is named as an additional insured under their policy.
Just about all businesses rely on technology in some way. It's increasingly used to store sensitive information, such as credit cards, passwords, and social security numbers. However, you're at risk if this information is lost, stolen, or compromised. In fact, you may even be legally obligated to alert those impacted by the breach and possibly pay for any financial loss incurred.
Experiencing a data breach is often not a question of if but when. Securing a cyber liability policy can offer coverage for expenses associated with compliance regarding data breach notification laws, securing legal counsel to advise on incident response, credit monitoring services, as well as paying for regulatory defense and penalties arising from privacy law violations.
Golf Carts and Major Maintenance Equipment
You have considerable exposure to damage or loss of golf carts and maintenance equipment caused by accidents on the course or by normal perils of fire and vandalism.
Obtain replacement cost coverage on both the carts and maintenance equipment, as having this protection will lessen the overall financial impact of depreciation.
Business Interruption Coverage
Adequate property coverage is a crucial component of your insurance portfolio. If you lose the clubhouse, you could potentially have a multi-million dollar loss with business interruption and loss of income, including loss of existing golfers as well as potential new golfers.
Make sure your short- and long-term revenues are properly protected. Property limits should meet or exceed the club's most recent building appraisals. In addition to the limits assigned to the structure itself, consider business income coverage to cover anticipated revenue loss from the normal day-to-day club operations. Also, include other income generating events such as weddings, special golf outings, and other events arranged with outside organizations.
Common Golf Course Insurance Coverage
We’ve mentioned a few types of insurance that golf courses typically have, but we want to break the coverage down into more detail. Below is listed a variety of golf facility insurance coverage that we typically provide other golf courses. This is simply the basic list of coverage for your golf facilities. To learn about additional insurance coverage for your golf course contact us for a free insurance quote.
- Golf Course Business Owners Policy (BOP): Getting a business owner’s policy for a golf course is essentially a bundle of business insurance coverages designed to protect your business. A BOP is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy. Bundling your business insurance usually makes it more affordable.
- Golf Course General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for a golf course is so important to have. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your business being forced to close.
- Golf Course Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your golf course employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your golf course but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Golf Course Business Crime Insurance: When running a golf facility you know there is potential for robberies to occur. Having crime insurance for your business will protect you, your business, and all of your assets.
- Golf Course Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber liability insurance is something almost every business needs. Think about any aspect of your golf facility that is present online. Imagine if any of that information or data were stolen or destroyed. Lacking cybersecurity has the potential to not only damage your business and reputation but to fully close your golf course doors.
- Golf Facilities Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your golfing facilities will protect your greens, assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your golf course property.
- Golf Course Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your golf course is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing golf course insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Golf Course Commercial Auto Insurance: Another insurance you might need is commercial auto for your golf course. Vehicles are one of your largest investments, make sure you protect them.
Golf Course Employee Benefits
- Golf Course Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your golf course employees. Keeping employees at your golf course business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Golf Course Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your golf course employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every golf course. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
- Golf Course Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your golf course employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
Do I Need Insurance For My Golf Course?
You are legally required to have Workman’s compensation for your golf course employees and caddies, as well as commercial auto insurance for your vehicles. We can provide this basic insurance but highly recommend additional insurance coverage to protect your assets and your golf course’s future.
Get Golf Course Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your golf course insurance in central Pennsylvania or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler we hope to provide the best golf course insurance. We provide golf course coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free golf course insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Golf Course Insurance coverage.
Golf Course Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
- Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
- Review options with an agent.
- Get the coverage you need.