Is your current insurance policy in need of a repair?
Auto Body Repair Shop Insurance provided by Strickler Insurance.
Running an auto body shop where you’re faced with repairing wrecked cars and vehicles always has risk involved. There is a chance for your body shop to burn down, being robbed, or being sued. You know more than anyone else that accidents happen. Make sure that you are protected if an accident happens on your property.
Collision And Auto Body Insurance Specialist
Strickler Insurance located in Lebanon PA has been serving the community for over 160 years. In that time, vehicles have existed for the past hundred years and because of that auto body shops have also existed. From auto insurance to mechanic garages and dealerships we have been insuring the auto industry since it existed. Our team consists of specialists who can help your auto body shop stay operating with the best insurance we can provide. Contact Strickler Insurance for a free insurance quote today.
Click it. Read it. Cover it.
- Click on the hotspots.
- Discover your risks.
- Get the right coverage.
Commercial General Liability / Garage Liability
Your repair shop may be susceptible to many risks, such as claims due to bodily injury, property damage, personal injury, and more. For example, if a customer accidentally trips and falls while on the premises of your repair shop, you can become exposed to a potential lawsuit and held financially responsible for any injuries that result from the accident.
Commercial general liability insurance is an absolute necessity for every repair shop. This type of protection provides broad coverage for premises, operations, completed operations and advertising, and personal injury. It will also pay to defend any covered lawsuit or action regardless of its merit. Coverage can be purchased as a separate policy and can be tailored to your specific needs. Coverage limits generally range from $100,000 to $1,000,000.
Commercial Property Insurance
When a gas tank explosion causes an uncontrollable fire, your commercial property and everything within it can suffer a significant loss. This can have a detrimental effect on your repair shop business.
Commercial property insurance can help protect the property your business owns or leases, including things like equipment, inventory, furniture, and fixtures. Whether you own your building or lease your workspace, commercial property insurance can be purchased separately or can be combined with other necessary coverage to protect your business’ physical assets.
Property of Others - Garagekeepers
The nature of your business means you’re responsible for valuable cars, trucks, and other automobiles. As a repair shop owner, you’re trusted to safeguard vehicles belonging to others. This responsibility brings with it potential liability of being held financially responsible for property damage caused to these vehicles while in your care, custody, and control.
You should purchase physical damage coverage, referred to as garagekeepers coverage, designed to help you protect your customers’ property and your business in the event that accidents, injuries, or property damage occurs. This protection covers the costs that arise from unfortunate and unforeseeable events, not bad workmanship, faulty parts, or warranties.
Inland Marine and Mobile Equipment Policies
You’re constantly moving your tools from one area of your repair shop to another, exposing your business to potential loss due to damage or theft. And without your specialized tools and equipment, your repair job may come to a screeching halt.
You can purchase special equipment insurance designed to protect your tools and equipment on the move. The policy will cover equipment for a variety of losses, including fire, explosion, vandalism, theft, collision with other equipment or objects, and overturning.
Workers' Compensation and Employers Liability
If one of your employees receives an injury or becomes ill due to a work-related occurrence, you are required by law to have the proper coverage in place.
Workers' compensation and employers liability insurance protects your employees should a job-related injury or sickness occur during the course of employment. Since benefits vary by state law, make sure your insurance agent is aware of all physical locations your business operates in and all physical locations where you hire your employees.
Business Auto Insurance
As a repair shop owner, you have many exposures associated with your business vehicles–owned or leased. With a fleet of cars, trucks, vans, or other types of vehicles used in the course of business, a single accident can potentially put your business in financial jeopardy.
Business auto insurance provides coverage for vehicles owned or leased by a repair shop and provides coverage for bodily injury, property damage, and other exposures, and could include comprehensive and collision coverage as well.
Commercial Umbrella / Excess Insurance
Losses and lawsuits are quite common in the repair shop business, and settlements can be substantial. If your business is found to be responsible for damage or injury, you could be facing a large liability loss that exceeds the basic limits of your standard policy.
You should consider purchasing a commercial umbrella or excess insurance policy which provides higher limits, typically between $2,000,000 and $10,000,000, and often broadened coverages. Coverage is extended over your general liability insurance, workers' compensation, and business auto insurance. It provides a great safety net and helps ensure your repair shop business is well-protected.
What Kind Of Insurance Does An Auto Body & Paint Shop Need?
Auto body shops come in all shapes and sizes. Some only do auto bodywork, some only do auto paintwork and others do everything. Because of this, we know that specific businesses needs specific insurance. Below are a few common insurance coverages that auto body shops typically purchase.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Business Owners Policy (BOP): Getting a business owner’s policy for an auto body garage is essentially a bundle of business insurance coverages designed to protect your business. A BOP is essentially a combination of liability insurance and property insurance all in one policy. Bundling your business insurance usually makes it more affordable.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop General Liability Insurance: Liability insurance for an auto body garage is so important to have and it is required b the state of Pennsylvania. Protecting yourself from lawsuits or liability your business might sustain. Not having liability insurance could result in your business being forced to close.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Workers’ Compensation Insurance: Having workers’ compensation for your auto body garage employees is so important. Not only is it required by the state that you have workers’ compensation for your auto body garage but it also helps save you money. By having workmans’ comp you are more likely to retain employees.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Business Crime Insurance: When running an auto body garage you know there is potential for robberies to occur. From autobody paint to your mechanic tools and materials. Having crime insurance for your shop will protect you, your business, and your assets.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Cyber Liability Insurance: Cyber liability insurance is something almost every business needs. Think about any aspect of your auto body garage business that is present online. Imagine if any of that information or data were stolen or destroyed. Lacking cybersecurity has the potential to not only damage your business and reputation but to fully close your auto body garage doors.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Property Insurance: Having property insurance for your auto body garage will protect your organization’s assets and investments. Be prepared for fire, flooding, theft, or accidental damages that can occur on your auto body garage property.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Umbrella Insurance: Having umbrella insurance for your auto body garage is such an effective way to protect your business. Umbrella insurance takes all of your existing auto body garage insurance and increases its effectiveness with additional payout coverage.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Commercial Auto Insurance: A lot of body repair shops we work with have tow trucks and sometimes a fleet of rental vehicles. We can provide your commercial auto insurance to protect the vehicles you own.
Auto Repair & Body Shop Employee Benefits
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Health Benefits: Get group health insurance for your auto body garage employees. Keeping employees at your auto body garage business can be difficult, but by offering health insurance you can increase employee retainment and health for your whole organization.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Vision Benefits: Get vision benefits for your auto body garage employees. Not every business offers group vision insurance, especially not every auto body garage. This benefit will help your employees see how much you care about them and their vision.
- Auto Repair & Body Shop Dental Benefits: Get group dental insurance for your auto body garage employees. Providing dental benefits makes your business stand out to potential employees.
Do I Need Auto Repair & Body Shop Insurance?
If you want your auto body shop to continue existing after hardship or unexpected damages, you need insurance for your business. When we provide a free insurance quote for your body shop, we will work with you to determine what coverage suits your garage the best.
Get Auto Repair & Body Shop Insurance From Strickler Insurance
Strickler Insurance is located in Lebanon Pennsylvania. Get your auto body garage insurance in Lebanon PA, Pennsylvania, or one of our neighboring states. At Strickler, we hope to provide the best auto body garage insurance. We provide auto body garage coverage in New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. Contact us today for a free auto body garage insurance quote!
Get Started Today
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right Collision And Auto Body Insurance coverage.
Collision And Auto Body Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we are here to help you find the right coverage.
Get a Quote
It only takes a minute to get started.
Fill out the form, we’ll be in touch.
Review options with an agent.
Get the coverage you need.